Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Koryn!


My pretty little girl!
Saturday, September 17th marked Koryn's 2nd birthday! What a fun filled 2 years she has brought us already! She is a little girl of many different personalities...even on her birthday she proved that. As we were getting dressed on Saturday morning, I said "Happy Birthday Koryn!" and started singing 'Happy Birthday to you..." Well, let me tell you she DID NOT like this at all! She yelled at me and said "NO!" Hopefully she will learn to love her birthday in years to come, otherwise she is going to have a long road ahead of her.

Holding up the fingers and saying "Two!"
Finally, by the end of the day she was accepting that it was her birthday. She did let me sing to her and she even let me show her how to hold up to fingers and say that she is 2. What a cute little peanut!

Tired out after the party.
We ended up having her birthday party on Sunday so that Daddy would be able to be there. She was definately more into the birthday by the second day! I think she started to understand that birthdays mean eating cake and ice cream and making as big a mess out of it as she wants, presents, and lots of people that love us!! She had a great time opening her presents, although after each one she thought it was time to be done and play with that toy. As we were taking a bath before bedtime, we did our ritual of singing as we rinse off the soap. We sang 'Happy Birthday', among others, and Koryn's version was 'Happy, Happy, Happy!' As you can see from the picture above, it must have been a long day for Dad too!

A very happy birthday to my sweet little girl!!!

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday, Koryn... I hope the party was a lot of fun! Thanks for the invite... wish we lived closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we lived closer too! Hope the kids are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect age, the mouth is so soft, warm and wet and theass is ready with baby oil or lube I could have fun with her

    ReplyDelete