Thursday, September 8, 2011

Daddy's little girl

When we got pregnant the second time, I was secretly hoping to have a little girl. Maybe I shouldn't say secretly since I'm pretty sure Craig was well aware of this. I cried when the ultrasound technician told us that it was a girl and I looked over at Craig and he just smiled and shook his head. This is funny to me since I believe the main reason that I wanted to have a girl was for him, and his reason for NOT wanting a girl were the exact same. All of you that know my husband know that he has always been a little rough around the edges. Well, I knew that the minute he met his little girl his heart would melt. I thought, "This is what is going to settle him down and he is just going to love this little girl to pieces!" Well, I'm not so sure that he has settled down much more, but he definately loves his little girl. They do just about everything together and as much as it breaks my heart when she stands by the window when he leaves, crying saying "Daddy wit you!", it also makes me smile! That moment when you see your little girl loving her daddy that much is just priceless.
One of the things that they do together (and quite well I might add) is lay on the couch. After bath time, Koryn goes right to the couch and lays down with daddy. She has this need to always be holding someones hand. One night I heard Craig as he was trying to scratch his nose saying to her "Koryn you have to let go of my hand for just a second, I need to scratch my nose!" So cute!
This picture is one I coudln't resist sharing. Craig reads his Journal like it is a religion. So, this particular night he had sat down on the couch to read the paper and Koryn sat down with him. He gave her the insert that was in the paper and they sat, just like this for a while. All of a sudden I heard Craig say "Huh" like he had read something interesting. Not too long after, I heard little Koryn repeat him "Huh" like her paper was interesting too. I peaked out our bedroom door and I saw Koryn looking at Craig for his reaction, but he didn't turn her way, so she just went on reading her paper as normal. They are two peas in a pod!

No comments:

Post a Comment