Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Alright, the news is out! We told all of our family over the holiday, so it is safe to tell the rest of the world that we are expecting our third child!! We have known for quite a while now, as I am 20 weeks along already, but we kept it a secret until we could surprise everyone at Christmas. Initially, I had figured I would be due around the middle of June. So, keeping the secret until Christmas was no big deal. However, we had an ultrasound the beginning of November and the doctor told us to expect this little bugger by May 11th! We didn't want to change our previous plans of telling everyone at Christmas, so I just tried to hide the nausea, fatigue, and finally a little bump beginning to show as well as I could. We had our 20 week ultrasound the week before Christmas and I told Craig that it was a good thing we only had a week left until we told everyone because I was really having trouble finding clothes to wear that didn't make me show at least a little bit.
When I took this picture of the kids, I told big brother Mason that he needed to hold something for me, but he shouldn't look at it or ask me any questions. He was a trooper, but he did see through the back and he asked me if it was a baby. I told him that it wasn't and that he should not tell people that. FINALLY, on the 23rd, we started telling everyone. It was the greatest surprise EVER! No one was expecting it at all...so we achieved our goal in total surprise!
We are so excited, even though we are all going to be packed in a little house! We will figure it out, though and it will all be just fine!

Merry Christmas everyone from our growing family to yours!!

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at how well you can hold a secret! It was quite a Christmas surprise and I am very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete