Monday, January 17, 2011

Champ!

I have been kicking myself again lately for not taking pictures like I should. Hence, the lack of posts lately!
We have been VERY busy as the much awaited wrestling season has started! This is Mason's 3rd year of wrestling, and you can really tell that things are starting to kick in for him and make sense. In the previous years, he did awesome, but it seemed like he didn't really know what he was doing. He was in the learning stage and most of the time he just found himself to be a little tougher than the other kid and win the match. Well, this year is much different. As we drove to Clark on Saturday, these were his words to me,
"Mom, guess what move I am going to do first. I am going to put the kid in a head-lock and then trip him and then I'll pin him!"
He was so excited about this move and guess what, he did it all 3 matches and pinned all 3 kids!! It is amazing to see how all of that clicks in his head! Sometimes I think that I enjoy it even more than he does!

We also went to Aberdeen last weekend for the NSU tournament and he got 1st place there too! He had to be in a 5 man bracket, which means he had to wrestle 4 kids instead of the normal 3. He was pretty tired out, but did a great job!


You can tell that the pictures are not very good quality. I did remember my camera at the NSU tournament, but I haven't gotten the pictures off of the card yet. So, this second picture is from Craig's phone. However, I did forget my camera when we went to Clark this weekend, so the top picture is also from Craig's phone. I am so bad!!!

1 comment: