Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Joining the blog scene


Ok, so I am usually not a person that likes to follow what others do. When the Harry Potter books came out, I swore I would not read them simply because that was what everybody was doing. Well, that lasted a few years and I finally gave in. I am a geek and it is my favorite book series! So, when my sister-in-law started blogging some years ago in order to keep in touch with family with what was going on with her girls, I also said that I was not going to do this. Since the day she started I have been following her blog and I enjoy reading about what is going on in their lives so much! Recently, a couple of others that I know have started these blogs and I decided that it might just be time for me to do the same. It may be hard to believe (since I am into photography and such) that I really don't take the time to take that many pictures of my kids. Whenever an event comes around I find myself without a camera in my hand because I want to simply enjoy what is going on rather than sit behind a camera. I have been regretting this quite a bit lately. Maybe posting a blog will help me to keep up with my pictures so that I can share them with everyone else!


So, here we go...


A week ago it was the annual Santa Night in Lake City. This small little community that we have become a part of in the 3 years since we moved back here has such a spirit. Granted, most of the events do take place at the local bar, but it is still awesome how much we try to do as a community. Anyway, Santa Night is one of those events. And let me tell you, it is no small crowd that congregates at the "muni" as we call it. The place is packed with people from 0-80, Santa comes, treats are handed out, prizes are won, what more could you ask for?? The kids enjoy this so much and the parents have a pretty good time too!


This is the picture from this year. Mason, of course sat on Santa's lap and proceeded to tell him that he wanted a snowmobile for Christmas. But, when it came to our sweet baby Koryn's turn, she took one look at Santa and started crying! So, Mom sat on Santa's lap with her and tried to coax her into at least looking at him, but she wanted nothing to do with it. Makes for an awfully cute picture though! Maybe next year she will be a little warmer to the man that her brother (at 7 years old) still believes is really Santa Clause.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Robyn! Koryn looks just like you in that picture, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the same man that dressed up as Santa Claus when we used to go to Lake City! They have a good thing going there! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete