Thursday, November 3, 2011

BOO!

Well, I know I am a couple days late but I just haven't found a time where I could sit down and write this blog post. I've said it before, but better late than never!
A baby bear with a brown nose, a little ghost, and Tony Hawk
As with almost everything, Halloween got to be quite a busy day for us. We did take the advantage of going to Grandma Nita's on Sunday night to show her our costumes so that we wouldn't have to travel down there when we actually went out Trick-or-Treating. Mason has his annual "Halloween Parade" at school that I went up to watch. Tony Hawk and I picked up the little kids and quickly got them dressed so we could go and take a picture at the local photography studio with their spooky background. Then came visiting Grandma's, eating pizza, and accumulating TONS of candy! One nice thing about living is such a small community is that the people really treat everyone so well. Each home we stopped at either had a pretty good sized ziploc bag full of candy, or else they gave at least 2 handfuls of candy to each kid. This proved to be a little bit of a challenge as our little ghost (who said BOO! to everyone) insisted on carrying her own trick-or-treat bag that ended up being almost heavier than her. We traveled around to the few houses in Lake City and then headed to a couple of friends at Roy Lake. Needless to say, we will have candy around our house for quite a while!

Roller coaster costume for the costume party
The muni in Lake City has an annual costume party which I have dressed up for only a couple of times since we moved back here. Well, my co-worker had a pretty good costume idea this year so I agreed to dress up with her. Cardboard, PVC pipe, LOTS of duct tape, and bungie cords made a pretty neat roller coaster costume. We definitely had a good time, but we only got second place (a big baby and his nanny beat us out for first!)

1 comment: