Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Loud noises and an old soul

It seems I am constantly trying to think of witty little titles for my blog posts. Unfortunately, I come up with lots of post ideas but somehow never find the time to sit down and write what was on my mind!
The other night I was doing my regular routine of trying to cram as many tasks into the small amount of time that we have when we get home at the end of the day. Among other things, I decided to make some baby food for Jarrik as I thought he was probably getting sick of the squash that he had been eating for quite sometime. Making my own baby food is something that was passed down from my mother. She made all of our baby food and I found many reasons that this would be a better way to go than buying the baby food from the grocery store, i.e. no preservatives and I know what I am cooking which doesn't haven't anything added to it except for some water. Anyway, I got the blender out and started blending some green beans up. Everything was fine for a little bit as I watched Jarrik's eyes get huge and then all of a sudden he made the horribly cute baby face that tells you they are scared and not liking the loud noise! It is awful to say that it was cute as he was screaming, but you know that face....just take a look.
The green beans got made and put into their ice cube tray for freezing. Maybe I should wait for Daddy to get home next time so there is someone to comfort him while I make more loud noises.

When it comes to music, I am not too picky. I really do like to listen to most everything, but find that I am a pretty old soul with  my first preference. I know there are a few that know of my music listening style, but to most this may be a surprise. It might also make you think I am a geek and never want to listen to the radio in my vehicle with me!

As we were on the way to some unknown destination at this time, one of my favorite songs came on the radio. I love to listen to older country so the song happened to be "Ya'll Come Back Saloon" by the Oak Ridge Boys. I know what you are thinking...loser!! Anyway, I was just singing along to the song (with it turned up rather loud I might add) and all of a sudden I look over and Mason who is just quietly sitting there kind of moving his head to the beat of the music. A little smile comes to my face as he sometimes hates the music I listen to, choosing to listen to Hip-Hop or Rock over what I like most of the time. Then I look in the backseat and Koryn is sitting there dancing along too! This almost makes a tear come to my eye...love those 2! I might add that the other day on our way to town, I was surfing through the radio stations and passed up a Johnny Cash song when Mason says, "No, Mom go back. That was Johnny Cash!" Ha I have taught him well!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Robyn! Jarrick is sooo cute even when he's crying! I love him! Love you! Cindy Have a great day! Maybe I'll see you this week! :)

    ReplyDelete