Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hand!

For those of you who do not yet have children, you will never completely understand the feeling that I had the other night until you do decide to have your own.

Amist all of the ruckus that goes on at our house recently, there are little quiet moments that I have come to deeply appreciate. One of these moments happened the other night as Koryn, Jarrik, and I sat down to go to sleep. Our schedule lately is not a normal one (and this momma is in need of it to get on a more normal track!) as it has just begun to get warm out, there is no school, and mom doesn't have to go to work in the morning. So, we do not by any means eat supper at a normal time, or for that matter get to bed at a decent time. Daddy ends up being at work pretty late since it is light out longer and they can get more done. Koryn and I had finished eating supper, and mister Jarrik had eaten and was ready to fall asleep. We sat down in our oversized chair and I turned on the television. Everything was quiet and I thought Koryn was falling asleep. I looked down to find that she was holder her little brothers hand and was snuggled into my lap. She looked up at me and had to make sure that I knew she was holding his hand. She said "Ma, hand!" as if so proud of herself for being so nice! My heart melted and I gave her a hug...ah the little moments!

1 comment:

  1. aww, those moments are the ones that make up for all the tantrums!

    ReplyDelete