Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Boys

You wouldn't believe the strange looks that I get when I tell people that I like having boys and that I like to shop for boys clothes more than girls clothes. But, it's true...I just love my boys. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my little Koryn too, but I am definately glad we only had one girl! (check back for more on that in a later post!)



Mason is one of the best big brothers any kid could ask for. Does he pester his little sister? Yes! But, he is always right there when I need a helping hand. He may not always be the happiest about having to help with everything, but he does none the less. He is also such a soft-hearted little guy that it makes my heart melt. Craig doesn't seem to find this a good quality (he thinks he needs to be a mans man all the time) but I know that when it comes time for him to be dating, this is going to be a good quality! There are those times that I could just about ring his neck when he shoots attitude at me, such as last night when he was upset that he didn't get to play much in his baseball game and he continued to whine about just about everything. He was sitting in the backseat of the car and out of the blue he said "So we aren't going to have a birthday party for me or anything?" with the most attitude you ever heard! Of course the attitude upset me, but he was right that we haven't had a birthday party yet. It kind of got put on the wayside since his little brother entered the world a day after his own birthday, and since then we have been crazy busy! Soon, I told him!

Then there is my little man, Jarrik. What a cutie!! Even though I have been averaging about 4 hours of sleep per night, I still look at him in the morning and think, "How could I be upset with such a cute little thing?!" But seriously, this sleep thing has got to get better soon! I find myself in aw (as I'm sure every mother does) when I think that he is already almost 2 months old. I can't believe how fast the time is going, but yet I can't wait to see what the future holds. I look back at his big brother and all of the time that has gone by, but I can still remember all of it as if it was yesterday. As we have become a wrestling family, one of the things that I look forward to most is Mason showing his little brother the ropes at the sport.


I have been thinking alot lately and have decided that I am very glad that I get to "grow up"with my kids as my mom told me once. Even though some things are hard and times may be tough most of the time, we still make the best of it! I have done the math and have figured out that when Mr. Mason graduates from highschool, this mama will be 35. And, subsiquently when his little brother (the last of the children!) graduates from highschool, I will merely be 42! Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment