Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sweet babies

Yesterday I had my 27 week check-up which included the "oh so tasty" gestational diabetes test. The stuff they tell you tastes like orange pop really does not. I tried to drink it as fast as I could, but found myself wanting to vomit after every drink I would take! On top of that, I got really gittery afterwards for about 20 minutes and then proceeded to fall asleep in the waiting room after the sugar had wore off. The nurse is supposed to call today if the results were not good, and so far I have not heard from her. No news is good news! On the up side of the appointment, babies heart beat was "beautiful" as my doctor put it. We talked for a bit and I realized that I really don't have that much time left before the sweet baby arrives! We scheduled my next 3 appointments, with the 3rd being 9 weeks away and that will be my 36 week ultrasound!! I am overjoyed by this because we will get to see its face again and it will be much less alien-like.



Koryn has only been to 2 wrestling meets with us, and tested mommy and daddy's nerves the whole time. You can't blame her for wanting to run around while being cooped up in a gym for 3-4 hours, but it gets tiring having to run after her and while watching where Mason is going to be wrestling at. Moments like the one above make me think that she is still a sweet baby and won't get much more time to be the baby. I have been a little worried about how she is going to react to the whole baby thing in May since she has quite an attitude and personality of her own, but maybe she will surprise me and just be totally into the little guy. Either way, she is my little girl and will even if she won't be the "baby" anymore, she will still be one in my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment