Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Choose to be happy

I'm not a fan of online classes, but I did end up taking a couple of courses in college at DSU over the Internet. One in particular was a Literature class and we were required to keep a blog for the duration of the course. I can't remember the specific assignment, but I will always remember my post for a certain week - choosing to be happy. I was struck at that time by all of the negative and unhappy people around me. I like to think of myself as a generally happy person and I hope that is how others see me. So, I described my theory in life of being happy because you choose to be happy. I told my fellow online classmates that I strongly believed in waking up in the morning and telling yourself to be happy and then simply making that happen. My belief in this still exists, but I think I lost it along the way for a little while. I'm not sure what made me find it tonight, but I have found my old belief and I am going to stick it in my pocket and take it with me! I will slow down and stop stressing and in turn try to teach a 9, 3, and 1 year old that choosing to be happy no matter what is the secret to REALLY enjoying life.


So, tomorrow I will choose to be happy - welcome back Robyn!!


Plus how could I not wake up happy when I get to see these awesome little people every day?!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment