Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to the real world

Well, our lives the past couple of weeks have been in a sort of turmoil. To say the least, I feel like a train has hit me and then backed up and ran over me again!
Almost 2 weeks ago, we had a pretty big scare with little our little man. He had been congested since after we went camping on the 4th of July. I had taken him in to a local clinic since his regular doctor was gone for about a week and a half. They gave him an antibiotic and nebulizer and said that the tightness in his lungs should get better. Well, he had his 2 month appointment (that was late anyway) scheduled and the night before we went to the appointment he had one of his coughing fits. I got a little scared and said to Craig that he looked like he was turning purple from coughing so much. When we got to our appointment I could see the look in the doctors' eyes when she took a look at him; he was not well. I felt as though I were in a dream. I don't tend to take my kids to the doctor that often for a couple of reasons. First of all because they are rarely sick and secondly because everytime I do, the doctor seems to tell me that they can't give them anything for that and it just needs to run its course. This appointment went a little differently. First of all, little miss Peanut was in the worst mood. So, as the doctor and nurses were trying to get Jarrik's O2 levels, x-ray his chest, and many more things, I was mostly trying to console Koryn so she would stop making such a ruckess. In the end, we found out he had Croupe, his oxygen level was at 80% (normally should be over 90%) and he had thrush. After much anxiety from myself, he has almost made a complete recovery. I keep telling myself that we are so lucky that our kids do not have serious health issues, because I don't know if I could handle it!

To end a very long and stressful weekend with Jarrik being sick, we got the news that my godfather had passed away. It is kind of hard to describe my relationship with him, but one of my best friends put it the best (he was an uncle to me too.) I didn't expect it to hit me that hard, but it really was a difficult time. My prayers are with the best godmother I could ask for, and 2 of the greatest friends/cousins/men I know!!

To top off this awful news, Koryn got the flu on our way to visit with the family. Nothing worse than seeing a little girl throwing up and not knowing what to do. On top of that, a 104 temp!! Very scarry again! Mom had to stay home from work for a day with her. By the end of this last week, everything was back to some sort of normal again. It won't be the same world as before, but back to the real world for this family!


1 comment:

  1. sheesh! Hopefully they give you a little break for a while now! Glad everyone is getting better :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete